Highlits & Features
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT ARE SUMMARIZED AS UNDER:-
- Development of commercial floriculture has been assigned priority by the Government, under Technology Mission and RKVY, as it has the great potential for employment generation.
- Various varieties of cut flowers like carnation, lillium, gladiolus, marigold and even flower seed production, both under open field and controlled conditions have taken off in the private sector with significant involvement of youth. Inter-cropping (Flowers with Fruit) have yielded favour to the growers.
- Tulip cultivation has been commercialized.
- 14 Nos. of water resources have been created under Technology Mission, with an expenditure of Rs.8.605 lacs in the private sector.
- 38 nurseries have been established in Private sector, under RKVY with an expenditure of Rs.22.168 lacs.
- 13 Nos. of walk in cold rooms have been installed, providing coverage to the Districts for preservation of flowers under RKVY with an expenditure of Rs.182.00 lacs.
- For the benefit of flower growers, one Flower Mandi has been established during 2011-12 under RKVY at Rajbagh, Srinagar with an expenditure of Rs.112.71 lacs.
- Awareness camps and exposure visits of farming community and field functionaries (within and outside State) have been takenup on large scale, to update the technology and skills on scientific lines for improvement of flower production in Private sector.
- 14 units of Tata chasis have been purchased through State Motor Garages, during the year 2010-11, at an expenditure of Rs.84.53 lacs. During the year 2012-13, an amount of Rs.44.15 lac has been incurred on fabrication process of 05 No. of refrigerated bodies and 02 No. of water tankers and 01 No. of Goods carrier through State Motor Garages. Further, an amount of Rs.24.286 lacs is to be advanced to the said department for fabrication of remaining 03 units.
- During the current financial year, an area of 01.4 hec. has been covered under area expansion with an expenditure of Rs.0.945 lacs, under Technology Mission in private sector.
- Incentive of Rs.9.398 lacs have been provided to the registered progressive growers for the procurement of plant material of high value flowers under RKVY during 2013-14.
- An area of 5206 Sqms, 1342 sqms and 150 sqms.have been brought under tubular structure, shade net and Fan and pad structures respectively during the year 2013-14 at an expenditure of Rs.29.458 lacs.
- 03 days training camp/awareness programme under NMMI on “Micro Irrigation Management in Commercial Floriculture” was organized at SKUAST, Kashmir at an expenditure of Rs.2.451 lacs during the year 2012-13.
- Medicinal Plant Nursery at NMBG, Cheshmashahi, Srinagar is being maintained by the department. During 2013-14, establishment of a hi-tech Poly-carbonated Poly-Green House and Hi-tech Poly Green Houses, are under process at an estimated cost of Rs.36.00 lacs.
- Renovation, restoration and preservation of heritage gardens, particularly Nishat, Shalimar, Achabal and Verinag have been initiated in a phased manner.
- Development of various Zanana/Children Parks is also going on. Among them, one park namely Joggers Park at Rajbagh, Srinagar has been completed.
- During the current financial year (2013-14), Up gradation of existing structures of Mughal Garden, Shalimar has been completed, in view of the musical concert held on 07.09.2013.
- In District Kulgam, construction of Public Park at Ashmuji has been takenup by the department during the last financial year and developmental works are in progress.
- Construction of Public Park at Dawar Gurez has also been takenup by the department during the current financial year and developmental works are in progress.
- Development of Park at Friends Colony, Humhama is also in progress.
- Besides, parks at various below mentioned places have been developed/ constructed for the recreation of the people.
C) Nagrai Park, Shopian
D)Shahi-Hamdan Park, Budgam.
E)Dalipora Park, Budgam.
F)Nopora Park, Chadoora
G)Sumo Adda Park, Budgam
H)Iddgah Park, Budgam,
I)Cave Park in front of Shrine at Budgam.
J)Iddgah Park, Wailoo, Pattan,
- Parks which are in the process of development are as under:-
In addition, parks at following places are also being developed for which DPRs have been submitted to the Government:-
A) Karhama Tangmarg.
B) Bicherwara Langate
C) Tarzoo Sopore D) Doulatpora, Sangrama
E) Kreeri Pattan
F) Gongpatti Gong Tral G) Nadoora Dooru
H) Mazhama Budgam
I) Ladoora Rafiabad J) Tulip Garden, Sagam,
K) Kokernag.Damhal Hanjipora. L) Housing Colony, Bijbehara
M) Khirm, Bijbehara
N) Brari Pora, Handwara